Saturday, February 24, 2018

Great Day Off

I had today off, and it was a good one.

I got out of bed around 9:30 am, and had coffee, a banana and a Kit Kat White for breakfast. I read a bunch of old "All New X-Men" comics, and then I spent awhile online, and drawing a 'Seasoned Gnomish Warrior' for the #DrawingDudesChallenge. Laundry happened, and then I had lunch: chicken patty sandwiches with shredded cheese on ten-grain bread, along with ripple chips and apple juice. I watched "Wet Hot American Summer" again, and then washed a sinkful of dishes.

Ohr Durv, the gnome warrior, gets lightly seasoned in a giant's stew bowl.

Back online for a bit, and on a whim I checked my bank balance, because I'd planned to food shop later tonight. Lo and behold, my state tax refund arrived! So I did some online window shopping, and wound up buying 2 old issues of Dragon Magazine and some stickers for (me and) the kids. After that I showered and then headed out into the night to buy beer and food shop. DAMN, but it's nice to have a decent amount of disposable income...


1 comment:

  1. The Goose Island IPA has been underwhelming so far. The Blizzard of 78 Brown Ale is great.

    ReplyDelete