Monday, July 30, 2018

A Monday Off

Had a nice morning, and then was all set to spend the afternoon at the lake.

I got in my car at 1:30, turned the ignition key, and...

...nothing.

AAA came by and the guy said it was most likely my starter (and not the alternator, because there wasn't even any clicking). Ugh. Lovely, a pricey car repair, that I can't even afford until my bi-weekly paycheck this Friday. At least Jean Marie is being kind enough to lend me her truck for the next two nights.

CRAP.

So instead of the lake I made Ragu & angel hair pasta (and later, coffee milk & cookies), and watched several hours of "The Office" (Season 2 on tv, and Season 3 on Netflix). Dammit dammit dammit. DAMMIT!!

2 comments:

  1. Well, I have JM's truck for today and tomorrow, and hopefully Ma's car (or Dad's truck) for Friday (& Saturday).

    And my repair is scheduled for Monday, though I'll have it towed to the Westminster Garage on Friday...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got my car towed to Westminster this afternoon, and it only cost $28. Around 6 pm JM drove me to Dad & Ma's, and I watched the Red Sox destroy the Yankees 15 - 7 (some junk runs), including Steven Pearce hitting 3 home runs, and Jackie Bradley Jr stealing home to begin a ridiculous rally in an 8-run 4th. At 9:30 I drove home in Dad's truck, which I'll use for tomorrow's closing and Saturday's opening shifts.

    ReplyDelete