Saturday, July 7, 2018

Lazy Saturday

I got out of bed at 9 am at Chumble's insistence. I had cereal, coffee, and 3 cranberry oatmeal cookies from Union Coffee Roasters (I bought them, and a mug yesterday). I watched "Bewitched" (not bad, not awesome, but pleasing enough for a morning viewing).

The middle of the day was tv, online, more tv, and mac & cheese and ground beef for a late lunch (2 pm). I watched a WWI PBS special, and flipped around the channels a few times. The weather was fantastic for the first time in weeks! Sunny, 70's and dry. Chumble was in heaven, enjoying the outdoor smells & sounds instead of the noisy a/c for a chance.

At 5 pm I bounced up out of my chair, then packed my cooler & backpack, and after a quick stop at Kappy's for beer & ice, I headed down to the lake. No one else was there - SWEET! I stayed until 9 pm, and during that span I drank three beers (Two Hearted Ale, and American IPA from Bell's Brewery in Cormack, MI); listened to my iPod; watched all of the power boats, floating porches and jet skis blast over the water; dozed; and did some floating and photography. Sadly, the batteries in my digital camera were dying, so most of the photos came out darker than real life. But what a day! And for good measure I food shopped at Hannaford on the way home.






No comments:

Post a Comment