Thursday, June 21, 2018

Longest Day

I left Chumble at the vet today for his follow up, overnight. Then I ran a few errands (milk and half & half at Hannaford; ham & provolone & pickle sub from Subway; Ice & beer at Kappy's) on the way home for a lake visit.

I was there from 4 pm to nearly 9 pm. I had the place to myself, and it was glorious. I ate the sub and had chips & a 22 oz. Pond Jumper IPA from Flying Dreams Brewery in Worcester. Good stuff! I listened to Ozean and Tiny Fireflies (the latter's "2040" on heavy repeat). I did a lot of thinking and staring into space. I enjoyed the scents of pond water and freshly-mown grass. I inflated my float ring and paddled out with a Mountain IPA from The Shed Brewery in Vermont, to enjoy the water for an hour or so. I read for a bit, until the sun started going down. There were no clouds in the west, so the sunset wasn't amazing, but the day was fantastic...






No comments:

Post a Comment