Friday, October 19, 2018

Great Day Off

A checklist of my pretty decent day off:

  • I slept in until nearly 11:00 am, but when I got up, I made scrambled eggs, and had them with a toasted bagel w/butter, fresh broccoli, orange juice, and coffee, while I watched "A Million Little Things".
  • I did dishes (twice: sink; and pots & pans).
  • I shaved my head and cleaned the bathroom sink (simultaneously).
  • I called Workman's Comp and left another message.
  • I did laundry (sheets & shirts).
  • I watched sports tv and had fried chicken for a late lunch/early dinner.
  • Went to Dad & Ma's to give her her birthday gifts (pear soap and a mouse & pumpkins figurine). Cousin Michael is here from Florida until Tuesday so we got to hang out for a few minutes. Ma sent me off with a couple of big pears, some roast beef and a bag of Syrian bread. Plus $100 to goof around with on my California trip!
  • On the way home I got a few Mega Millions tickets since the jackpot is close to one billion dollars!
  • I ordered a Lisa Jewell novel ("I Found You") from Amazon to read on the plane to California.
  • The Raptors beat the Celtics (booo!).
  • I had my first beer in a month (back pain meds), and it was glorious! A Metacomet IPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment