Sunday, December 24, 2017

Christmas Eve

I worked 6:30 am - noon. It flew by...


After wrapping gifts at home, I headed over to Westminster for the family gathering. Everyone arrived rather quickly, and after some pepperoni/cheese/crackers in front of NFL Red Zone with Dad & Kevin, everyone had dinner. I had turkey & gravy with stuffing & toasted Italian bread. SO good.

The kids all loved their gifts (so did Dad and Ma), and what I received was fantastic:

* Kevin & Family gave me a very cool hiking stick and $20 in scratch tickets.
* Sarah & Family gave me $30 to Barnes & Noble.
* Jason & Family gave me $25 to Amazon, a pound of Tesora whole bean coffee from Philz Coffee, and a little sketching book called "642 Tiny Things to Draw".
* Dad & Ma went gift-crazy for me (as always), and gave me:
  • $50 to Amazon.
  • $50 to L.L.Bean.
  • $25 to Michael's.
  • $25 to Starbuck's.
  • A pound of whole bean coffee: Green Mountain Dark Magic Espresso Blend
  • A pound of whole bean coffee: Peet's Major Dickason's Blend.
  • A Ghirardelli's dark chocolate bar.
  • A tin of O'Keefe's Working Hands hand cream.
  • Two cool old calendars from the Westminster Historical Society.
  • A book of old postcards from around New England called "Bygone Backwoods".
  • A 7 oz. Balsam & Cedar candle from Yankee Candle.
Everyone had a great time, and no one looked disappointed (as happens sometimes). Sarah & I were cracking up over several inappropriate jokes, it was hilarious. Georgia and Jared helped me with my scratch tickets ($4 winnings). At around 9:00 pm everyone began to trickle home. We are supposed to get up to ten inches of snow overnight, beginning tonight around one am. I left last, at 9:30, with all of my awesome stuff, as well as a bag full of turkey, bread, brownies and baklava!

Home, tv, online for a bit (Elvanar), and asleep around two am.

No comments:

Post a Comment