Friday, January 5, 2018

Day Off: 4*4

I slept in until 9:30 am (I was up reading until 3:00 am or so), and then had a banana, cereal and coffee for breakfast as I watched a new documentary on the 1972 Andes Mountains plane crash. Around 11:30 I went outside in the bracing cold to shovel and clean off/move my car. The snow was so light & fluffy that it took less than ten minutes, although the wind was so intense that my fingers were frozen by the time I went back inside. At least it was sunny out, with a bright blue sky!

And the mailman delivered my Barnes & Noble order: "Legion of Super-Heroes: The Silver Age Omnibus", nearly 700 pages of comics from the team's earliest years, in amazing color, all under a hard cover.



Lunch was sausage and bread & butter. At around 1:30 pm I headed out to the ATM and Market Basket (cat litter, bread, Boylan's Black Cherry Soda). DAMN, it was cold with that wind! I walked across the street around 4:30 for a few mega Millions tickets, since the jackpot is well over $400 k. Then I did dishes and laundry, and watched sports tv. Then I cooked 2 boneless pork chops and made rice for dinner (along with one of the sodas) while I watched "Brooklyn 99" and part of "Jurassic World". At 9:30 pm I watched "Bright" (not bad) on Netflix, and then I showered.

No comments:

Post a Comment