Friday, September 14, 2018

Friday Funday

I have today off, and I received my check from the time my boss was away, including its 19 hours of overtime.

I did some reading in front of the tv over breakfast, and later I paid the rent and bought some high-quality sheets, a book and a bamboo toothbrush from Amazon. It's actually sunny today for the first time in days.

I shaved my head and then took a shower so I could run errands. I food shopped and the grabbed some beer, and came back home for a late Hannaford fried chicken lunch. Then it was off to the lake!

I was there 3:00 pm - 7:00 pm, and the place was pretty quiet for a sunny Friday afternoon! A few jet skis, a few floating porches, and a couple of slow-moving motorboats. That made me very happy. I read some of "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets". I drank a pair of Hanging Hills Brewery Metacomet IPAs (one as I read, one as I floated). I had pretzels and an apple. And I listened to Tiny Firelies "Nothing/2040" and Cocteau Twins/Harold Budd "The Moon & the Melodies". What an afternoon...





No comments:

Post a Comment