Monday, September 24, 2018

Unusual Monday

Today was Day One of my back injury work hiatus.

I slept until 9:00, fed Chumble, and had a normal breakfast (cereal & coffee). Then it was tv and my tablet. Online for awhile, then I got hungry so I washed the dishes in the sink, and then prepared a deceptively complicated lunch (which I rarely do).

I had the remnants of a cooked barbecued chicken from Market Basket, a can of mushrooms, and a can of mushroom soup. SO: I prepared a pot of fettuccine and the soup (can of soup, can of 1% milk). I stripped the chicken bare of all salvageable meat. I added the chicken and mushrooms to the simmering mushroom soup. I strained and then buttered (and salt & peppered) the fettuccine. And last but not least, I plated the fettuccine on a big deep plate with an indentation in the middle of the noodles, and then spooned the chicken & mushrooms out of the soup (and then poured some of it) onto the pasta. It tasted fantastic. I'm so glad I didn't have something delivered or settle for something lame & lazy like pretzels and apple juice...




Around 4:00 pm I went to my bed and read some of "Harry Potter 3" until I fell asleep until just after 6:00. Then it was sports tv, a bit of "The Voice", and then the season premiere of "The Big Bang Theory". Supper was more coffee, vanilla wafer cookies, and then later, ice tea and tortilla chips.

My back hurt a lot off & on all day, depending on how I was sitting or laying. Hopefully tomorrow it will feel better. I can't sit around for a week again.

No comments:

Post a Comment