Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Unusual Wednesday

Today was another scheduled day off. I was up at 7:30 because I had a doctor's appointment at 8:45. Breakfast was coffee, cereal and a banana beforehand.

I forgot how cool (and pretty) Nurse Practitioner Samantha was. She took care of me two years ago during my initial, more severe back injury. It's great to be treated by someone so easy to talk to. After running me through some motion tests she recommended I stay out of work until at least next Friday, and she prescribed me some painkillers. I have a follow up visit next Wednesday to check my progress.

I went to the nearby CVS to pick up my prescription, and I found some Starbucks Fall Blend coffee. Sweet! I went online for awhile and wound up buying a 4 disc set of Herbie Nichols music from Amazon. Love that guy.

Those pain pills really work, by the way. Around 4:00 pm I rolled onto my bed to read more of "HP3", and after an hour or so I was out like a light, and slept comfortably until 7:00.

Supper was ground beef and angel hair pasta and Ragu. Then it was "ATH", "PTI", and the season premiers of "Survivor", "Modern Family" (UGH! Pameron's kid come to stay), and "Single Parents" (better than expected). We got some severe thunderstorms during this part of the day too (poor Chumble!).

No comments:

Post a Comment